Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : The Bull Inn
Location : Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP28 6AA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01295
Brief Description : Forget suits and stuffiness we promote a fun and chilled atmosphere at The Bull, as long as the job gets done to the high standard that we maintain and as long as all guests leave with a smile on their face we love to have some fun along the way!
Qualifications Required : None however English and Maths are assessed as part of the qualification.
Vacancy Detail : A fantastic opportunity to join the kitchen team at The Bull, learn everything you need to become a chef and gain a qualification too!
The Bull Inn at Barton Mills is not only a cosy B&B, it’s not only a boutique hotel, but it’s also a fabulous, quirky, modern day coaching inn with an award-winning restaurant.
The job will include the following duties:
Maintaining our 5 star food hygiene rating
• Preparing fresh food in our award winning kitchen
• Cooking food in our award winning kitchen
• Maintaining the cleanliness in the kitchen and yard areas
• Coming up with specials to go on the ever changing specials board
• Working evenings and weekends is part of the job so if you don't like this then please don't apply!
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 Hours a week
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/06/2019
Personal Qualities : A desire to impress and give attention to the smallest details
• A passion for top quality
• Excellent communication, honesty & integrity
• Clear focus on quality
• Awareness of high standards
Skills Required : Able to take instructions
Able to work under pressure
Able to work as part of a team
Future Prospects : The is the possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship level 2
Maths and English if required
Other Information : Earliest start time is 10am and latest finish time would be 10pm
The team member will need to live locally as public transport in the area is non existent so either a driver / moped rider or a cyclist or someone with a family member or friend who is happy transporting them about.
Things to consider : No need to go to college - you can do all your training on site and get a formal qualification and get paid
for doing it!
• We close on Xmas day and boxing day – as we are family owned and operated we know how important
it is for you to be with family and friends on this day. If you slack and don’t pull your weight we will open
just so you can work!
• Meals on duty – work more than 8 hours and we will provide you with a staff meal cooked by the very
award-winning chefs that our customers pay good money to have cook their meals.
• Tips – Unlike some other establishments that will remain anonymous we give the full tip given by the
customer to the team – its split amongst the full team that are on shift as team work makes the dream
• 28 days holiday – unusual in hospitality but you can actually book Christmas day off with this. Joking
aside there are a few dates you cannot have off as we will miss your brilliance too much!
• You will get 2 days off every week, these are usually 2 days together and no super late nights (apart from
Christmas, but it’s great fun). We are usually locked up by 11.30pm (bit earlier if you get the Sunday
• We never ask anyone to work on their 2 days off, but if you want some extra pennies, you can request to
(as long as your performance remains tip top).
The map below shows the employer's location