Job Title : Apprentice Support Worker
Employer : Silva Care
Location : Bristol, Bristol, BS7 9SF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01284
Brief Description : An opportunity to learn the skills needed to be an effective care worker. The purpose of the support workers at Silva is to promote high standards which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service user.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed at interview stage
Vacancy Detail : Silva care have an opportunity for an apprentice to join their team and be trained to a high standard along with gaining a qualification.
As an apprentice you will be trained in and expected to show the below skills:
• To ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to their individual need
• To promote a caring environment for service users through high standards of practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users
• To assist in the implementation of the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for Domiciliary Care Agencies, published in accordance with the Care Standards Act 2000.
• Work within, and promote, the policies and procedures of Silva Care
1. General Responsibilities
• follow health and safety procedures, care plans and guidance
• To ensure that the internal and external environment is safe, secure and well maintained and to report shortcomings to the management
• Provide First Aid services when necessary and if trained to do so.
• Ensure that the rights of the people we support are always protected and respected in the following areas: Privacy, choice, participation in decision making affecting their lives, expression of their own cultural identity, entitlement to service, feedback on the service they receive and the right to complain, protection of their property, maintaining links with family and friends.
• To foster and maintain good working relationships with neighbours, health and local authorities, GPs and other professionals involved in service users’ lives
• Keep records and participate in administrative tasks.
2. Service user care
• Support service users to actively contribute to the running of their service
• Supporting service users to take any prescribed medicine, complying with all medicine policies, including storage, administering and record keeping
• Assist service users to maintain their dietary requirements
• To assist service users with the management of their finances, adhering to all policies and procedures
A detailed job description will be provided on application
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 37.5 hours a week
Salary : £256.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 25/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/03/2019
Personal Qualities : Able to work as part of a team.
Willing to Learn.
Skills Required : Ability to be flexible.
Good Communication Skills.
Some Knowledge of equal opportunities.
Good time management.
Future Prospects : If candidates successfully complete the apprenticeship they will be offered a permanent full time contract. Once completed the apprenticeship and candidates have experience working as a support worker, Silva Care like to promote staff within. There would therefore be opportunity for furthering your career and promotion, there is also opportunity for further training.
Training to be Provided : Adult Care Worker apprenticeship
Maths and English if required
Other Information : Applicants are required to be 17 or above due to the type of work they will be undertaking.
Things to consider : 37.5 hours a week usually Monday – Friday between 08:30am and 16:30pm (may vary)
The map below shows the employer's location