Job Title : Front of House Apprentice
Employer : The Bull Inn
Location : Bury st edmunds , Suffolk, IP28 6AA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hotels and Accommodation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01283
Brief Description : The Bull Inn are looking for an apprentice to join their team, someone who is keen to learn and get a foot on the hospitality ladder -maybe you want to own a restaurant in the future! Come and learn from the best - the multi award winning Bull Inn.
Qualifications Required : None but English and Maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Forget suits and stuffiness we promote a fun and chilled atmosphere at The Bull, as long as the job gets done to
the high standard that we maintain and as long as all guests leave with a smile on their face we love to have
some fun along the way!
Of course, you will be required to work for your money but as the old saying goes work hard and party hard –
you will know there is no business like hospitality to show you how it’s done. You have to be able to work late
(ish), party later and then still show up with a smile on your face to serve breakfast to our lovely guests.
As an added incentive because the bosses work here on a daily basis they see who puts the effort in and in turn
they know who deserves a treat or a bonus!
What the job involves:
• Efficiently serving our fabulous customers
• Ensuring the award winning food gets to the guests as quickly as possible
• Preparing and serving our fantastic cocktails
• Clearing tables
• Cleaning to ensure that the Inn stays in tip top condition
• Taking food and drinks orders effectively and accurately
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours a week
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 25/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 29/03/2019
Personal Qualities : • A desire to impress and give attention to the smallest details
• A passion for top quality
• Clear focus on quality
• Awareness of high standards
Skills Required : Excellent communication
Future Prospects : The is the possibility for a permanent position for the right candidate
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship level 2
Maths and English if required
Other Information : Earliest start time 11am - latest finish time 10pm 5 days over 7 - split shifts
The team member will need to live locally as public transport in the area is non existent so either a driver / moped rider or a cyclist or someone with a family member or friend who is happy transporting them about.
Things to consider : What’s in it for you:
• No need to go to college - you can do all your training on site and get a formal qualification and get paid for doing it!
• We close on Xmas day and boxing day – as we are family owned and operated we know how important it is for you to be with family and friends on this day. If you slack and don’t pull your weight we will open just so you can work!
• Meals on duty – work more than 8 hours and we will provide you with a staff meal cooked by the very award-winning chefs that our customers pay good money to have cook their meals.
• Tips – Unlike some other establishments that will remain anonymous we give the full tip given by the customer to the team – its split amongst the full team that are on shift as team work makes the dream work!
• 28 days holiday – unusual in hospitality but you can actually book Christmas day off with this. Joking aside there are a few dates you cannot have off as we will miss your brilliance too much!
• You will get 2 days off every week, these are usually 2 days together and no super late nights (apart from Christmas, but it’s great fun). We are usually locked up by 11.30pm (bit earlier if you get the Sunday shift).
• We never ask anyone to work on their 2 days off, but if you want some extra pennies, you can request to (as long as your performance remains tip top).
The map below shows the employer's location