Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
Location : Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6AJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01232
Brief Description : An exciting opportunity for an apprentice chef to join the busy kitchen at The Devonshire Arms Hotel and Spa.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : A chance to join the kitchen team at The Devonshire Arms and Spa, learning in the kitchen whilst gaining a qualification.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist the Chefs in the daily preparation of food whilst gaining a qualification, learning new skills and working in a variety of kitchens environments.
• To ensure that the food is prepared and presented to the highest standards as required by the Company and to present it at the times required.
• To ensure that your designated section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the Kitchen.
• To be fully conversant with all menus, in particular those which are the responsibility of your section and of their recipes and quantities.
• To assist the Chefs in the rotation of stocks and correct storage procedures ensuring the appropriate stock levels.
• To report any defects in machinery and equipment immediately to your section leader.
• To ensure that food product is not wasted and that standard recipes are adhered to at all times.
Number of Positions Available : 4
Working Week : 40 Hours a week
Salary : £176.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/03/2019
Personal Qualities : Reliable
Skills Required : A keen interest in food and cookery
Able to work under pressure
Able to take instructions
Able to work as part of a team
Future Prospects : Experience in a variety of kitchens from a café to 4 AA Rosettes.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship level 2
Maths and English if required
The map below shows the employer's location