Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Luxury Family Hotels - Thornbury Castle
Location : THORNBURY, Somerset, BS35 1HH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01101
Brief Description : A very exciting opportunity has arisen in our popular, award-winning, 2 rosette restaurant at Thornbury Castle.
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you will learn all the skills and knowledge in the kitchen
Qualifications Required : An employer will determine their own entry requirements for an employee to commence this apprenticeship, but these general entry requirements apply; you have to be aged 16 years or over and must be working in the hospitality and catering sector for at least 30 hours a week. You also need to be a resident in England and not taking part in full-time education.
Vacancy Detail : As an Apprentice Commis Chef your role will include:
• Basic Food Preparation
• To prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the senior chef
• To be responsible for any given section communicating any food requirements to the Head Chef
• To work in any area of the kitchen as required by the senior chef on duty
• To work in a clean and safe manner.
• To carry out any cleaning duties as required
• To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
• To ensure Food Policy documentation is completed on a daily and weekly basis in accordance with company policy as requested
We are offering 2 positions. The first position will be predominantly based in the Pastry section. Here you will be making: Scones, Bread and Afternoon Tea. The second position will be based from the main kitchen starting in the larder: Starters, Canapes and appetisers. You will make your way around the different sections as you develop and progress.
If you can please state in your application the role you would prefer.
We have 5 of the team who are working towards or have completed their training with us & HIT so you have many staff who can support you through the apprenticeship.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 40 Hours Per Week
Salary : £174.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 08/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/07/2019
Personal Qualities : Team worker, good communicator, keen to learn, motivational, inspired by fresh food.
• You are passionate about good food
• You like interacting with others
• You are friendly and sociable
• You are enthusiastic and have the desire to get stuck in.
Skills Required : Must have good standard of spoken and written English with good communication skills.
An interest and love of fresh food and cooking and:
• Like interacting with others
• Can demonstrate a commitment to ongoing development and learning
• Are ambitious and keen to get on the career ladder
• Must be reliable, hardworking and conscientious
Future Prospects : We will train you, collaboratively with HIT Training to have all the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to be a trained commis chef. We offer all staff meals on duty.
Successful apprentices will be offered a full-time role at the end of the apprenticeship and progression opportunities available.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Level 2 Standard including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Other Information : Apprentices must be able to commute to and from the location.
Things to consider : Due to the remote location, you will need to consider your travel arrangements to and from the hotel.
Please note that Luxury Family Holiday will pay the National minimum wage per age-range for Apprentices.
The map below shows the employer's location