Job Title : Apprentice in Early Years
Employer : Ladybirds Day Nursery
Location : Plymouth, Devon, PL8 2BN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01154
Brief Description : An exciting opportunity to join a fun and experienced team in a rural full day care setting, Ladybirds Day Nursery are look for an apprentice!
Qualifications Required : None required but A-C GCSE in Maths or English would be an advantage, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic person to join our team, working with a range of children with varying needs aged between 0-8 years old. We are looking for someone who enjoys getting messy, thinking of new ideas and activities who will become an integral part of our team .
• To plan and implement exciting activities to meet the needs of all children.
• To be a key person, be assigned key children and be responsible for up to date and accurate achievement files.
• To support all staff and engage in good teamwork.
• Work in partnership with staff, parents and other professionals.
• To attend out of work activities i.e. parent’s evenings, summer fayre, Christmas parties etc.
• To follow all of the Nurseries policies and Procedures
• To safeguard the children at all times.
• Record accidents and incidents should they arise.
• To provide high quality care to meet the diverse needs of all children.
• To complete the Early Years qualification in a timely manner.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 38
Salary : £148.20 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/06/2019
Personal Qualities : Fun
Keen to learn
Skills Required : Willingness to learn
Able to take the initiative
Not afraid to ask questions
Good time keeping
Future Prospects : Upon completion there maybe the opportunity for continuous employment and future training.
Training to be Provided : L2 Children's and Young persons qualification
Maths, English and ICT if required
Plus employer will support with:
Paediatric first aid
Other Information : We are an inclusive setting working with children with varying needs and abilities which provides an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in SEN who is confident in working with an experienced team to support the children.
We are open all year round aside from bank holidays and a week at christmas.
The hours would be over 4 days from 8-6pm with monthly staff meetings.
Job is subject to DBS check and references
Things to consider : We are easily accessible via car and on the bus from the city centre however please check your travel before applying as the buses to and from town run hourly.
We are a creative setting and you will get messy whilst suporting the children to learn and develop.
We also access our outdoor provision all year round and all weathers so looking for someone who also enjoys working outside.
The map below shows the employer's location