Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Morden College
Location : London, London, SE3 0PW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01118
Brief Description : Morden College are looking for an apprentice/trainee. This is a role in which the jobholder will develop catering skills with a focus on catering for older people/special diets.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : Under supervision, to work as a collaborative member of the Catering Team and deliver the best possible standards in terms of food quality, presentation and nutrition by preparing, cooking and serving meals in any of the College catering facilities, as directed.
Duties will include:
* Preparing fresh ingredients daily, assembling,finishing and plating up of dishes.
* Participate in all opening and closing procedures including preparing food and equipment for cooking and service.
* Adhere to daily kitchen routines including cleaning, temperature checks and other duties related to food safety and Health and safety.
* Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, supporting team members and working on initiative without direct supervision at times.
* Perform stock takes, rotate stock, receive and safely store away deliveries as required.
* Understand and demonstrate awareness of food costs and prevent wastage of food and resources.
* Daily cleaning, Washing up and clean down duties to maintain clean and hygienic Kitchen and equipment.
* Undertake all necessary training on Food Safety,food handling and Health and Safety as necessary.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week on a rotating shift, Monday to Sunday
Salary : £295.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 15/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 21/01/2019
Personal Qualities : Enthusiasm with a keen desire to learn
Strong work ethic
Good time management
Excellent grooming standards
Skills Required : Good communication skills
Committed to delivering high standards of customer service to customers
Basic food preparation skills would be an advantage
Flexibility and the ability to work a variety of shifts on rota
Future Prospects : Subject to performance and availability, a permanent position as a chef.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Level 2 Standard
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : The role is centred around catering for older people, accordingly the environment is one of older people.
The role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The map below shows the employer's location