Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : The Cowshed
Location : Bristol, Bristol, BS8 2NH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01139
Brief Description : As an apprentice Commis Chef with the Cowshed, you will be trained to carry out a range of food preparation work and basic cooking to a high standard using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
Qualifications Required : None, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
When you first begin with us, you will be required to pass your Level Two Food Hygiene, and also a fire safety certificate. Experience in any area of hospitality is advantageous, but if you are willing to work hard, take constructive criticism and learn from your team, then other formal qualifications are not necessary.
Vacancy Detail : As an apprentice Commis Chef with the Cowshed, you will be trained to carry out a range of food preparation work and basic cooking to a high standard using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
You will also support the chefs on their sections and rotate throughout all the sections as part of your training and development.
• Preparing ingredients for the section and senior chefs
• Measuring ingredients for chefs and any cooking you undertake
• Cooking and preparing sauces, vegetables, fish and butchery as per the specs at each section under guidance from the section chefs
• You will be required to work other sections too as part of your development and supporting the team
• Ensure you follow all rules and guidelines regarding health and safety
• Ensure anyone working in your section is trained on all equipment and aware of all risk assessments
• Manage your portion and waste control
• Keep your section of the kitchen clean and clear away fully
• Support the chefs and other sections throughout the shift
• Follow all direction given by the senior chefs during service
• Deal with deliveries and stock rotation
• Be presentable and clean for every shift
Job descriptions only reflect 80% of a role and are not an exhaustive list of duties. You are expected to carry out other activities that are within the scope of the role.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 Hours a week
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 03/05/2019
Personal Qualities : - Attention to detail
- Good at retaining information
- A passion for food
- Work well as part of a team
- Be reliable and punctual
- Well presented with good personal hygiene
- A level head and good communication skills
Skills Required : A good comprehension of the English language
Able to take instructions
Able to work under pressure
Future Prospects : If the apprenticeship is successful for both The Cowshed and the apprentice, there is potential for a permanent full-time position.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
Things to consider : You will be working on your feet in a high-pressure environment, in a fast-paced kitchen. Shifts can often be long, with antisocial hours, and you will need to be able to remain calm and support your team.
Open 7 days a week 6am-midnight Wage is based on 30 hours but this may increase.
The map below shows the employer's location