Job Title : Apprentice - Hospitality
Employer : Carlton Bolling College
Location : Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD3 0DU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Catering and Food Service
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00990
Brief Description : An opportunity to join the hospitality team at Carlton Bolling College, to provide excellent standards of visitor service at all times to maximise visitor enjoyment of the site
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : To ensure the site and its assets are safe and secure to work as part of a team to prepare, cook and serve (or pack transported meals) a given number of meals for a set time and in accordance with quality procedures and instructions.
• To provide the highest possible standards of presentation ensuring that displays,
fixtures, fittings and premises are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness;
cleaning the café tables and catering equipment; washing up manually and using
• Prepare and cook vegetables, potatoes, sauces, gravies and salads as instructed by the Cook / Catering Manager.
• Prepare dining room and service area. Serve the meal as attractively and hygienically as possible giving consideration to customers’ wants and needs. Wipe and clear dining tables, trays, and service counter during service or in between sittings as required.
• Clean and store away all equipment used during preparation cooking and service. Clean dining room floor and furniture etc. after service and re-stack furniture if necessary.
• Assist with cleaning the kitchen, stores, toilets, drains, swill bins, dustbins, etc. This work is usually arranged on a rota system but a willingness to help others is essential.
• To help with any other duties or tasks at the request of the Cook / Catering Manager at any time of the day.
• To attend for extra cleaning days on specified days.
• To attend training courses as required.
• Responsible for oneself and working colleagues for a high standard of hygiene and safety under the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulation 1995, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 25 Hours per week
Salary : £100.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 12/04/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/04/2019
Personal Qualities : • Punctual
• Pride in what you do
Skills Required : • Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or willingness to undertake
• Ability to communicate clearly and work as part of team.
• Ability to speak fluent English
• Ability to use relevant equipment
• Ability to relate well to children and adults
• Ability to work on own or as part of a team
• Ability to understand simple written and oral instruction e.g. slip book, kitchen notices
• Willingness to undertake training
• Willingness to acquire awareness of COSHH regulations
• Willingness to acquire awareness of hygiene procedures
Future Prospects : To be discussed at interview
Training to be Provided : Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship
Maths and English if required.
Other Information : Enhanced DBS Required
Salary will be paid on a monthly basis.
The map below shows the employer's location