Job Title : Catering Apprentice
Employer : Serco - Bisham Abbey
Location : Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1RR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Catering and Food Service
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00749
Brief Description : A position is available to join the Serco team at Bisham Abbey as a Catering Apprentice.
Qualifications Required : None needed however maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : As directed by the Food and Beverage Services Manager or Duty Manager, to offer high levels of service in the Catering department within the Sport England Contract. The chosen apprentice will be expected to attend appointments with HIT Training and undertake out of hours study in order to complete this qualification.
• Liaise and coordinate with the catering and kitchen teams prior to starting shifts.
• Evaluate requirements of the departments in order to comply with food safety and HACCP procedures.
• Ensure all areas of catering are ready for service times.
• To, under supervision, ensure all stock rotation and temperature checks are completed as required.
• Offer high levels of customer service to customers.
• Actively encourage customer feedback.
• Ensure all sales are recorded correctly as per company procedure.
• Attentively monitor service areas for hygiene and safety.
• Maintain strong standards for audits and inspections.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 39 hours working 5 days out of 7
Salary : £144.30 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/12/2018
Possible Start Date : 12/12/2018
Personal Qualities : • Committed to the Serco Values and Serco Leisure Mission Statement
• High personal integrity and motivation
• A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
• An open, honest and confident personality
• High standards of presentation
• Flexible attitude
Skills Required : • A strong work ethic, motivated, reliable and adaptable.
• Attention to detail, quality and continuous improvement.
• An awareness of the businesses mission, aims, markets, products and services.
• A customer focused attitude.
• Effective communication in a team, with clients or with management.
• Full driving license desirable as some travel may be required between sites within the contract.
Future Prospects : To progress within the industry and develop on newly gained skills.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
The map below shows the employer's location