Job Title : Apprentice Commis Chef
Employer : Serco - Lilleshall
Location : Newport, Shropshire, TF10 9AT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00746
Brief Description : An opportunity has arisen to join the Serco Team at Lilleshall National Sports And Conferencing Centre as an apprentice commis chef.
Qualifications Required : None needed however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : As a Commis chef you work in the main kitchen in support of the Head chef and Sous Chef and are expected to produce food to a high standard whilst monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
• Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the specific menu for the dining room. This can number up to 200 people per day.
• Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
• Maintain a detailed Knowledge of menus and produce dishes to the standards required.
• Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
• Fully flexible working pattern to cover mornings, evenings and weekends. This is for weddings, functions and site requirements shifts consist of earlies, days and early evenings
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 39 hr week, 5 out of 7 days
Salary : £152.10 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 08/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/07/2019
Personal Qualities : • Committed to the Serco Values and Serco Leisure Mission Statement
• High personal integrity and motivation
• A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
• An open, honest and confident personality
• High standards of presentation
• Flexible attitude
Skills Required : • A strong work ethic, motivated, reliable and adaptable.
• Attention to detail, quality and continuous improvement.
• An awareness of the businesses mission, aims, markets, products and services.
• A customer focused attitude.
• Effective communication in a team, with clients or with management
• Full driving license desirable as some travel may be required between sites within the contract.
Future Prospects : To progress within the industry and develop skills.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Other Information : Shifts usually consist of 0600-1400, 0700-1500, 11:30-1930, 1300-2100
The map below shows the employer's location