Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : Searcys- Blenheim Palace
Location : Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1PP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00954
Brief Description : Searcys are looking to appoint an Apprentice Commis Chef at their prestigious Blenheim Palace Restaurant to work alongside qualified chefs: assisting in all aspects of food preparation and production,
using top quality ingredients in a beautiful location.
Qualifications Required : None required but Maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process for this Level 2 qualification.
Vacancy Detail : • Learn different procedures of food preparation
• Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of chefs
• Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
• Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and any near expiry ones are dealt with according to the restaurant’s policies
• Help chefs in cooking activities by providing input and managing work
• Set up food stations by following chef’s orders
• Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
• Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
• Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
• Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organized at all times
• Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
• Provide guidance to kitchen staff in upholding high culinary standards
• Assist chef in developing menus and provide suggestions for alternates such as sauces and levels of spice for each entrée
• Make sure that all leftover food is stored properly
• Assist in checking food deliveries for both quantity and quality standards
• Provide input into stock rotation activities and make sure that food inventory is in check
• Learn and employ the basics of food aesthetics in sync with the restaurant’s set instructions
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 45 hours per week incl Evening and Weekends.
Salary : £292.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/02/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/02/2019
Personal Qualities : Passion for food and quality.
Willingness to learn.
Excellent communication skills.
Helpful with a positive attitude.
Flexible and adaptable.
Skills Required : Some experience gained within a commercial kitchen environment.
Good time keeping.
Ability to listen to and follow instruction.
Ability to work efficiently in a team.
Must be able to work at Pace and under pressure.
Future Prospects : Development from Apprentice to Chef to full time Commis Chef in one of our prodigious venues.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef L2 apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English(Level 1)
Things to consider : The kitchen is a hot and busy environment where you are on your feet for the shift. Whilst it can be a tough environment, it is a rewarding career with plenty of scope to develop within Searcys.
The map below shows the employer's location