Job Title : Reception Apprentice
Employer : St Giles Hotel London
Location : London , London, WC1B 3GH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Hotels and Accommodation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00816
Brief Description : The St Giles Hotel in London have an exciting Opportunity to appoint an Apprentice Receptionist to meet and greet guests of this busy 3 star Central London Hotel.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : St Giles Hotel in London occupy an enviable Central London location with excellent transport links available from the Hotel throughout London, this is a busy Hotel popular for Business and Leisure with our Guests.
Working Front of House it is essential that our staff have a real interest in making our guests feel welcome and take advantage of this fantastic training opportunity!
The Apprenticeship will lead to a Hospitality Team Member Standard qualification with further opportunities for career development upon successful completion of the 12 month programme.
Receptionist Job Duties:
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
• Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
• Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours p/w shifts between 06.45 am - 22.30 hrs
Salary : £342.40 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 19/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Engaging
• Well presented
Skills Required : • Good Communication Skills
• Pleasant telephone manner
• Computer Skills
Future Prospects : To be discussed at interview
Training to be Provided : L2 Hospitality team member
Maths and English if required.
Other Information : Rota is on a shift basis, 5 days out of 7 days, including weekends and bank holidays
The map below shows the employer's location