Job Title : Commis Chef
Employer : HQ Theatres - Crewe
Location : Crewe, Cheshire
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00735
Brief Description : With training and support, you will learn and undertake a broad range of basic food preparation and operation functions across all kitchen sections to the quality standard set by the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
Qualifications Required : Maths and English GCSE – Grade A-C .
Vacancy Detail : The Lyceum Theatre in Crewe is one of 12 venues within HQ Theatres & Hospitality’s (HQT&H) current portfolio of regional theatres and concert halls. HQT&H combine their theatrical expertise with bespoke and innovative catering solutions; all aspects of hospitality, conferencing, events and banqueting is perfected in-house by expert chefs with the finest fresh ingredients.
We are looking an ambitious and organised self-starter who is keen to get started with a career in the kitchen. With training and support, you will learn and undertake a broad range of basic food preparation and operation functions across all kitchen sections to the quality standard set by the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
The successful candidate will work effectively and productively within the kitchen operating in a fair and equal manner that demonstrates effective teamwork. They will learn to ensure ingredients are stored, prepared and cooked correctly to deliver a quality product that is safe for the consumer. They will develop a range of craft preparation and basic cooking skills and techniques to prepare, produce and present dishes and menu items to highest standard in line with business requirements.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours p/w incl. evenings,weekends, B/Holidays.
Salary : £111.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 19/03/2019
Personal Qualities : • A ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive, flexible approach to the job role, work colleagues and peers.
• A presentable, professional and approachable manner
• A willingness to work evenings, weekends and/or Bank Holidays as required.
• An enthusiasm to undertake training, learning, development and assessment relevant to the apprenticeship standard and the job role.
• An interest in and enthusiasm for developing a career in hospitality.
Skills Required : • The ability to pay attention to detail and work consistently to achieve standards.
• The aptitude to listen, respond to, and respect other peoples’ points of view.
• The ability to act on feedback to improve personal methods of working.
• An ability to understand and adhere to safe working practices and quality standards in a professional kitchen.
• The ability to work accurately, calmly and effectively in a busy work environment.
Future Prospects : HQ Theatres will support current and on-going employment of successful Apprentices in line with Business needs.
Training to be Provided : Commis Chef Standard Level 2.
Things to consider : Commitment and passion is essential for this role alongside a genuine interest in the hospitality sector.
The map below shows the employer's location