Job Title : Commis Chef
Employer : Live and Let Live Inn
Location : Landscove, Devon, TQ13 7LZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00580
Brief Description : A position is available to join the team at Live and Let Live Inn as a commis chef apprentice.
Qualifications Required : None required, however maths and english will be assessed as part of the interview process
Vacancy Detail : Duties will include:
• Ingredient preparation
• Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
• Plating up and presentation of food
• Taking instruction from senior chefs
• Cleaning and clearing down work stations
• Working in a safe manner at all times
• Portion control
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 30 hours. Earliest possible start time 7am, latest possible finish time 11:30pm
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 15/03/2019
Personal Qualities : - Hard working
- A thirst to knowledge
- Time keeping
Skills Required : • Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work under pressure
Future Prospects : - Growing with the business at our new Landscove pub site.
- Helping in the preparation and service on a wide range of large scale events throughout the year.
- Onsite training and development with our management team.
- Being part of an ambitious and growing company.
Training to be Provided : L2 Commis chef apprenticeships
Maths and english if required
Things to consider : - The site is located away from any good public transport connections, so having your own transport is essential.
- Our business is fast paced and very busy so the right attitude is a must.
A desire to succeed in your new role and for hospitality as a whole, with a passion for food and drink and working with us to make some amazing food!
Experience isn't completely necessary, but the right attitude and work ethic is a must.
The map below shows the employer's location