Job Title : Apprentice commis chef
Employer : Northcote Manor Hotel
Location : Barnstaple, Devon, EX37 9LZ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Chef
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00485
Brief Description : A chance for a full time in house apprentice commis chef to join our 2 AA rosette award winning kitchen.
Qualifications Required : None required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Vacancy Detail : Jobs will include:
• Learning Larder, Sauce and Pastry.
• The importance of health and hygiene along with HACCP food control.
• Full teaching will be given to ensure the high standards we set are met. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn in one of the best kitchens in Devon whilst being allowed to participate in our food and preparation.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours split shifts mostly
Salary : £192.31 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 29/05/2019
Personal Qualities : • A determination to work hard.
• A want to be a skilled chef
• A happy non stressed Character
Skills Required : Skills Required:
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Basic Knowledge of food preparation & food hygiene
Future Prospects : Once the commis position has been completed we will look at a demi chef de partie role. We believe in in house promotions as we don't see the point in training someone for them to then leave and work somewhere else.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Commis Chef
Maths & English if required.
Other Information : Our location is very remote and peaceful a great location and hotel to learn in, but please make sure you have a reliable transport source.
Things to consider : Please remember this job will include weekends, bank holidays, christmas and new years. Its a hard job but if you put a lot in you can get a lot out.
The map below shows the employer's location